Re: [aroid-l] P. rubrinervum growth habit

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] P. rubrinervum growth habit
  • From: "Leslie R." leslier55@excite.com
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:32:56 -0400 (EDT)

 An additional note of interest, the P. rubrinervum and P. saxicolum don't send out ariel roots, as I thought they were at first, but they are two or three large roots which sturdy the plant.  The stabilizing roots grow on P. bipinnatifidum also, but these seedlings put out the roots at a younger age than any of my P. bippinatifidum did.  P. 'Evansii' has a very similar growth habit, and is also a large, terrestrial Philo.  All these seedlings are finally getting large enough that I can see differences in leaf shape.  Very fascinating to watch them grow.  Leslie RuleColumbia, MO  USA

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com