Re: [aroid-l] Dear Botanists (green pigment)

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Dear Botanists (green pigment)
  • From: piaba piabinha@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:17:19 -0700 (PDT)

mr. held,

not being a botanist (me that is), i think however
that your instincts are right.

as a matter of fact, some orchids lack leaves or stems
and have only roots, that are green.  obviously those
are the only parts they have to photosynthesize.  it's
quite a size to see these small orchids, that are
nothing more than a jumble of roots, flowering...

tsuh yang chen, NYC