Re: [aroid-l] Dracunculus seeding...

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Dracunculus seeding...
  • From: ken@spatulacity.com
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 22:45:13 -0400

Hi again C.J.

My biggest A. konjac reaches to about the top of my ear. I'm 5'9" and it's
in its pot about 6" from the ground. The corm was 11" across and weighed
about 12 to 15 lbs. It had flowered earlier in the spring.

I don't know if that's remarkable or not. It's my first konjac. It's the
second season I've grown it and last year it was about 1' taller than a
similar sized corm is this year. But only two observations doesn't really

Your konac "black stem" is named that way because the petiole is a
remarkable color? If you are putting together a box for me later this
season, and you wanted to include a small corm or an offset or two of that
then I'd be happy to compare its growth to my own konjacs of similar

-Ken Mosher