Re: [aroid-l] green Gonatopus

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] green Gonatopus
  • From: Steve Marak samarak@gizmoworks.com
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 00:20:38 -0500 (CDT)

Phil Muller sent me an all-green gonatopus years ago; I've heard the
"Jolly Green Giant" name thrown around, and the plant I have does seem
even larger and more vigorous than the usual mottled-stem version, but I
don't know if that's really a clone or strain nor if so whether my plant
is that.

Of course, being a gonatopus, I now have several more of them ... but I
kinda like gonatopus. (I can almost hear the Floridians shuddering.)

Steve

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Albert Huntington wrote:

>   Wasn't Don Bittel there with some big pots of that?  Called it
> "Jolly Green Giant" or some such thing, though I think most of us
> know it as simply the green form...

> From: "Cooper, Susan L." <SLBryant@scj.com>
> Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:37:24 -0500
>
> >Hi all,
> >Does anyone remember seeing the green form of Gonatopus at the
> show/sale?
> >What is the name of it, or is it only "green form"?
> >Thanks!

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@gizmoworks.com