[aroid-l] philodendron melanochrysum

Hello everyone,
I'm new at this.  I live up in Nova Scotia, Canada.  I just love tropical aroids and I collect all sorts of houseplants.  Right now I'm on the hunt for a philodendron melanochrysum and there just aren't any in Canada that I know of. I've searched high and low.  There are lots south of the border but impossible to get because customs apparently confiscates them.  Does anyone know if these plants can be propagated by seed and if so is there a seed source anywhere in the U.S.?  Thanks for any information that might help.  Debbie