RE: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus ID

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus ID
  • From: Paul Tyerman <ptyerman@ozemail.com.au>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 07:28:02 +1000

At 01:43 4/09/04, you wrote:
Anyone does: it is Amorphophallus lewallei.

Is this the normal size of bloom for lewallei? I received seed of this from you a few years ago (as I think did a few others reading this) and remarkably I have managed to keep a few alive until now <grin> in my less than ideal conditions........ I did not realise the flower was such a dainty thing. Very cute (I know, hopelessly addicted if I can call an Amorphophallus "cute"! LOL) isn't it!!?? I knew the colouration to expect, but as is so often the case the picture I saw gave no real reference to size.

So.... is this just a small flower, or is this the size to be expected? For a flower of this size how big a tuber would be expected?

Thanks for any help.

Paul Tyerman
Canberra, Australia

Aroid-l mailing list