Re: [Aroid-l] Arum italicum

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Arum italicum
  • From: Ellen Hornig <hornig@Oswego.EDU>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:17:21 -0400 (EDT)

David Sizemore asked about his arums' IDs.  It's hard to tell from
descriptions, but the thought occurs to me that you may have some Arum
concinnatum there.  If they have very large leaves and spathes, and come
up distinctly earlier than A. italicum 'Pictum' (not a valid name, but
widely used), that might be what they are.  I don't have these any more,
but your description of the tuber as being "long" rings a bell.

If you can get hold of Peter Boyce's mongraph, The Genus Arum, you should
be able to ID your plants-

Ellen

Ellen Hornig
Seneca Hill Perennials