[Aroid-l] Kauai

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Kauai
  • From: Rosalind Gold <rozgold@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:04:58 -0700 (PDT)

Skip:

First, just to let you know I'm extremely jealous - I've been to Kauai twice, but would love to go back many times.

You should look into the three different sites of the National Tropical Botanical Garden in Kauai.  One is a garden with a fair amount of landscaping and some formal elements - the Allerton Garden - I really enjoyed my visit there.

There is also the McBryde Garden, which I understand is more of a research facility, and the Limahuli Garden, which is a large preserve.  When I visited Kauai several years ago, I had trouble getting information about how to actually tour McBryde and Limahuli, but the NTBG's website seems to suggest that you now make reservation online:

Have wonderful trip!

-Roz, in Southern California
"hanson, skip" <shanson@emc.com> wrote:
All,
  Hello. I am going to be in Kauai at the end of October. Is there any nursery or garden I
  should not miss ?

Thanks,
Skip