[Aroid-l] Identification Help

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Identification Help
  • From: Mike! Mike@MikeMiller.com
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:53:00 -0500

I received this plant as an unknown species ostensibly from Thailand.  Here are some pictures of it's inflorescence.  Any help with an id?

The flower looks most like an A. krausei to me, but I have one of those that flowered and the foliage doesn't look anything like this plant.  (Unless my krausei is misidentified...)

One other possibility I thought was perhaps A. atrorubens?

In most cases when comparing my plant to pictures, two points of departure were that my spathe never opened any further than show in the pictures, and the spadix never elongated past the flowers -- I think both of those might be aberrations due to the immaturity of the plant or some suboptimal environmental condition?

So here are the pics -- any ideas?

[] [] []
Aroid-l mailing list