[Aroid-l] IAS On-Line Auction

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] IAS On-Line Auction
  • From: Dan Levin levin@pixar.com
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 16:22:35 -0700

Though the on-line auction page has been slow to fill up this year, it is
NOT for a lack of incredible plants in the auction queue! Before a plant
gets listed we make every effort to vet it, optimally obtaining images (if not
the actual plant itself). Sometimes this isn't possible or takes a little longer
to achieve. Such has been the case this year. After all we're dealing with
a multitude of very special, very rare, donated plants- these are not your
common everyday interior-scape aroids we're talking about...

Please don't despair and above all, keep looking/ checking out the web site!
http://www.aroid.org/show/auction_2006.html

Over the course of the next few days you should see many more incredible
plants stealthily making their appearance. Remember: you have up until
Thursday 15 Sept. at 5:00 PM PDT to place (or modify) your on-line bids.
Of course your personal attendance at the Banquet & Auction will guarantee
best results. But if for any reason you can't join us in Florida this year, do keep
checking the Auction Page & be sure to submit your bids prior to the deadline.

This is a great way to obtain some of the Rarest and Choicest of all plants
from the aroid kingdom with ALL auction proceeds going to support the IAS-!!

-Dan

(with sincere apologies to our non-US members, since our legally shipping
member-grown non-certified plants across international borders has become
virtually nigh impossible for the IAS. perhaps next year we might arrange for
simultaneous on-line auctions in the EU, Australia, etc. - if there's interest?)