[Aroid-l] Upcoming IAS Show & Sale

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Upcoming IAS Show & Sale
  • From: Dan Levin levin@pixar.com
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 15:25:11 -0700

Folks,

Please note that our 29th Annual Show will take place NEXT weekend
Sept. 16th & 17th at Fairchild Tropical Garden (just south of Miami, FL).
If there's any way you can book a flight, boat or car- I highly encourage
you to pop in for the weekend and immerse yourself in the incredibly
diverse world of aroids & aroiders.... There will be much to see, to learn
and to acquire! Full details can be found at http://www.aroid.org/

In summary:

: There will be a banquet Saturday night (Cuban cuisine). Our featured
guest speaker will be none other then Dr. Eduardo Gonçalves, flying up
from Brasil to present a talk touching upon his many years of experience
collecting, cultivating and classifying rare South American aroids. Not to
be missed-!! Immediately after Eduardo's talk, the inimitable Julius Boos
and Dr. Tom Croat will reprise their role of past years and jointly present
[enter trumpet fanfare] the Live IAS Auction! (more on that in another mail)
Trust me folks, the Captain & Tennille have NOTHING on Julius and Tom.

:: Throughout the entire weekend, incredible aroids of all persuasion will be
available for viewing and purchase thanks to our many fantastic vendors and
members alike- who are invited to bring along and sell their own plants at the
IAS Member's Tables (please contact tricia_frank@hotmail.com for details).

::: Dr. Croat has also intimated he may present a secondary lecture at some
point during the day. Unlike the main banquet which requires an advance
reservation and modest cover charge, all show visitors would be warmly
invited to attend Dr. Croat's daytime presentation.

:::: If all that isn't enough, you'll not-so-coincidentally find yourself in the midst
of Fairchild Tropical Garden- one of the foremost tropical botanic gardens in
the world.

Advice:

If you're coming be sure to travel in with a few large, empty suitcases. Trust me.
I look forward to seeing you there!

-Dan

Dan Levin
President, IAS