Re: [Aroid-l] Gonatopus species-Yup!

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Gonatopus species-Yup!
  • From: Ken Mosher ken@spatulacity.com
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:34:33 -0400

Hi Julius,

No, it's not Amorph symonianus. While my particular plant does not have a well-pronounced 'knee' others on the sales table did (mine has the knee but it's not a textbook example). The swollen joints I mentioned are not the intercalary bulbils of symonianus (which I'm familiar with). Aside from which Am. symonianus would have one large bulbil at the top of the petiole (plus additional bulbils at further divisions of the leaflet on larger plants). On this plant the place where the leaf first begins to divide into its three primary groupings of leaflets has three large rounded joints.

I will get a photo this evening, assuming I can convince my camera to autofocus on what I'm pointing at! Then I'll post it here in a size that shouldn't annoy dial-up list members.

-Ken