Re: [Aroid-l] Gonatopus species-Yup!

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Gonatopus species-Yup!
  • From: Brian Williams pugturd@alltel.net
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 19:18:12 -0400

I have seen what looks to be three forms of Gonatopus. One is the large green form it has the knee half way up the stem and is usually a much larger grower around 4 to 6 feet tall thicker stems with a large flower. It can reproduce from leaves.
Then the most common form is the brown stripped stem form with the knee halfway up the stem. This one usually grows to 3 maybe 4 feet tall and is most common it has a thin looking flower with the same colorations on the spath.
The last form I got from Craig Allen at Fairchild as bovinii. This form was the most delicate looking very very thin leaves no knee in the stem and a large tuber. The stems only reached about 1 foot tall and almost did not look like aroid. This one does look closer to the above no markings on the stems though usually just a dark brown color the flowers were very similar. I have photos of all besides the large green form.

Aroid-l mailing list