Re: [Aroid-l] C. merkusii=C. chamissonis

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] C. merkusii=C. chamissonis
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 15:59:31 +0000

From : 	Brian Williams <pugturd@alltel.net>
Sent : Saturday, September 30, 2006 6:17 AM
To : Discussion of aroids <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Subject : Re: [Aroid-l] Cyrtosperma merkusii--the story

Dear Brian and Friends,

Nice link, thanks Brian!
Cyrtosperma chamissonis is one (there are several others!) of the many 'old' names for Cyrtosperma merkusii.
Dr. Sue Thompson wrote a really informative paper (1982) about this plant in Micronesia under this older name.

Good Growing,

Here is a link of what maybe Merkusii but it is listed as chamissonls I am not sure if this is another large species in the group in most cases I have seen it usually is Merkusii. I did have a great link to island page with a young woman in front of a huge patch of Merkusii that were around 20 feet tall. Huge plants with massive leaves. It seems this site is no longer up. This was the closest I have seen to it.

Aroid-l mailing list

Aroid-l mailing list