Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 5:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Aroideana

Hiyer,

Speaking as an associate editor for the Journal of Crustacean Biology, journals typically publish the acceptable manuscripts submitted to them. Journals rarely commission papers, unless there is a specific theme for a given issue. Sometimes you get plenty of articles on a variety of topics submitted, but the authors have done a terrible job. When paper is submitted that is in need of revision, it is up to the editor and reviewers to alert the authors, who may or may not want to bother and either submit elsewhere or are demoralized and give up.

My advice is, if you want to see more articles on other taxa, then write them or encourage and/ or collaborate with others to get them written. Remember that whatever you write will get marked up extensively. That is okay. The editorial and review processes are designed to help you to be a better writer. Do not be discouraged if your article gets trashed. The review process is there to make you the author and the journal stronger.

I would also like to mention that our beloved editor always sends pleas for article submissions out on the Aroid List. So, obviously there are needs amongst the readership and the editorship.

Oh, and I like tuberous aroids too, so there. ;-)

Happy days to all,

Christopher

D. Christopher Rogers

Invertebrate Ecologist/Taxonomist

((,///////////=====<

EcoAnalysts, Inc.

(530) 406-1178

707 Dead Cat Alley

Suite 201

Woodland, CA 95695 USA

Invertebrate Taxonomy

● Invertebrate Ecological Studies

● Bioassessment and Study Design

● Endangered Invertebrate Species

● Invasive Invertebrate Species

● Periphyton/ Phytoplankton

● Zooplankton

Moscow, ID ● Bozeman, MT ● Woodland, CA ● Joplin, MO ● Selinsgrove, PA

www.ecoanalysts.com