[Aroid-l] Misidentified Amorphophallus on eBay - and way too expensive!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130155079893

I guess now that the IAS show is over it's officially plant selling time
on eBay, even though very few of the plants being offered came from the
show.

The listing above claims to be Amorphopallus saururus, but it's not.

It's a quite small Am. atroviridis, dark-leaved form. While it's a
beautiful plant, one of my favorites, it's NOT worth the $51.00 bid.
That small plant isn't worth, to me, more than $10 retail price.

I contacted the seller about his misidentification and I hope he'll fix
the problem. Until then, if you're bidding on this plant I advise you to
withdraw your bid. I'm not familiar with the seller "peticular" out of
Ft. Lauderdale. I can't say I've ever seen that name before today,
although he has 3 Amorphophallus listings right now and many more
listings for other aroids and tropicals.

-Ken Mosher
dragocactoid.com