Re: [Aroid-l] Helicodicerous question

Hello, Deni!

First off, your book is great!

Secondly, you may not be getting large plants due to a lack of real heat.
When my plants go dormant, I leave them potted during the summer months,
which are very dry. But summers here have high temperatures between 32 and
48 degrees C, with humidity down around 5%. My plants are typically growing
well into the first month or so of summer, well into 35 degree C
temperatures, before dormancy.

Offsets are common, usually making a single bloom after two years, two
blooms after four years.

But then, I do live in a Mediterranean clime, and that may have something to
do with it. Here you can just put them in the ground (usually best on a
slope for drainage) and they will grow just fine, year 'round.

Conversely, the problem you have described I seem to be having with my
Arisaema taiwanensis. Go figure.

Happy days,
Christopher

D. Christopher Rogers
Invertebrate Ecologist/Taxonomist
((,///////////=====<

EcoAnalysts, Inc.
(530) 406-1178
707 Dead Cat Alley
Suite 201
Woodland, CA 95695 USA

? Invertebrate Taxonomy
? Invertebrate Ecological Studies
? Bioassessment and Study Design
? Endangered Invertebrate Species
? Invasive Invertebrate Species
? Periphyton/ Phytoplankton
? Zooplankton

Moscow, ID ? Bozeman, MT ? Woodland, CA ? Joplin, MO ? Selinsgrove, PA
www.ecoanalysts.com