[Aroid-l] FW: Colocasia gaoligongensis?

Please could you post this on Aroid-l.  Robin has tried but had no luck.  We have been in communication about this species and as I couldn’t help, I suggested he try the big wide world of aroiders.

Many thanks,

Deni Bown

From: Robin Bell [mailto:kneel@st-chad.demon.co.uk]
Sent: 24 September 2007 19:06
To: Deni Bown
Subject: Fw: Colocasia gaoligongensis?

----- Original Message -----

From: Robin Bell

Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 8:18 AM

----- Original Message -----

From: Robin Bell

Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 10:21 PM

Subject: Colocasia gaoligongensis?

We grow this Colocasia in UK.  It seems hardy to about -8C.  Maximum height [out doors] is 1 meter [3 ft].  It has been identified as Colocasia esculenta 'Illustris' through the ID board here, but I don't think it is.  The appendix is vestigial, and the junction of the tube and spathe is barely constrictedA Chinese key gives C.gaoligongensis.  Any thoughts?  Chad.

http://www.star.net.uk