[Aroid-l] Colocasia gaoligongensis?/Pete Boyce

From : 	Deni Bown <Deni@yaxhampark.co.uk>
Sent : 	Thursday, September 27, 2007 2:02 PM
To : 	"Discussion of aroids" <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Subject : 	[Aroid-l] FW: Colocasia gaoligongensis?

From: Robin Bell [mailto:kneel@st-chad.demon.co.uk]
Sent: 24 September 2007 19:06
To: Deni Bown
Subject: Fw: Colocasia gaoligongensis?

From: Robin Bell

To: aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com

Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 8:18 AM

----- Original Message -----

From: Robin Bell

To: aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com

Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 10:21 PM

Subject: Colocasia gaoligongensis?

We grow this Colocasia in UK. It seems hardy to about -8C. Maximum height [out doors] is 1 meter [3 ft]. It has been identified as Colocasia esculenta 'Illustris' through the ID board here, but I don't think it is. The appendix is vestigial, and the junction of the tube and spathe is barely constricted. A Chinese key gives C. gaoligongensis. Any thoughts? Chad.

Aroid-L mailing list