To: <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2007 11:25 AM
Subject: [Aroid-l] Colocasia gaoligongensis?/Pete Boyce

From : Deni Bown <Deni@yaxhampark.co.uk>
Sent : Thursday, September 27, 2007 2:02 PM
To : "Discussion of aroids" <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Subject : [Aroid-l] FW: Colocasia gaoligongensis?

Attachment :  2007_0101Colocasia0002small.JPG (0.16 MB),
2007_0101Colocasia0004small.JPG (0.08 MB), 2007_0101Colocasia0006small.JPG
(0.05 MB)

Dear Deni and Chad,

I think that we need to call in THE big gun here--- Pete Boyce, HELP!
To me it looks like one of the MANY cultivars of cold-hardy C. esculenta
with a virus!   Colocasia being a VERY vegetativly 'plastic' genus with so
many cultivars varying one from the other by just minor differences, I
wonder if C. gaoligonsis is a "good" or 'recognized' species?   Again, HELP
Pete!

The Best,

Colocasia wallawallabingbang (AKA Julius)
WPB, FLORIDA

Please could you post this on Aroid-l.  Robin has tried but had no luck.
We have been in communication about this species and as I couldn't help, I
suggested he try the big wide world of aroiders.

Many thanks,
Deni Bown