Re: [Aroid-l] Aroid stamp

Dear Marek et al,

That stamp is clearly intended to show Colocasia esculenta, judging by
the shape of the corm. But the artist has screwed up on the petiole
insertion point (should not be at margin) and venation.

The leaf looks like a fairly generic, aroid leaf, possibly similar to
Alocasia macrorrhizos (but it is probably not worth trying to pin this
down to anything specific).

Alocasia macrorrhizos is actually important as a food in some areas of
Micronesia, but the edible stems are long and cylindrical, not so short
or rounded as most cultivars of Colocasia esculenta.

Peter