Amorphophallus myosuroides

  • Subject: Amorphophallus myosuroides
  • From: "E.Vincent Morano" <ironious2@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 21:02:16 -0700 (PDT)

Maybe you can tell me what is going on here. These guys started growing about 2 weeks before spring time due to artificial light and heat.For half of the time until now, they were growing indoors, the other half of the time, they have been in my tropical green house where it is about 60% shaded but gets very hot and humid.For quite a while, they did real well in there. There are 4 bulbs, first year off sets and 14 leaves with new leaves still sprouting. Ive also been experimenting on them with plant steroids (Brassinolide) but that was in the beginning. The steroids really got them going. At lease it appeared that they did but Ive never grown these before so I have no control group to compare them to. Anyway, that being said, does anyone know what it going on with them? are they perhaps starting to die back for the year? Then again, each yellow leave has a new one coming up under it. Ive never had yellowing like this before but I have had lots of leaves grow and die back with each leaf coming after it being bigger.
Thank you,
Erin