Re: Anthurium ID

  • Subject: Re: Anthurium ID
  • From: brian lee <lbmkjm@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:58:48 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Harry,

Aloha.

Thank you for your inquiry.  I have a large growing plant which is similar to Anthurium giganteum in general...but with a narrower sinus, etc.  I may also have an Anthurium balaoanum.  My collective vein starts at about the 4-7 basal vein...I could not see yours.  I read Steve's article on Anthurium balaoanum and it seems to match my plant somewhat.  I will also assign a tentative identification. It is difficult these similar species...from photos and plants without data.  My plant was purchased as a cutting and was sold to me as Anthurium regale...which it is not.  Two other cuttings, also sold as Anthurium regale,are some other species which I have not identified.  No data...and I have no clue yet.  The only common denominator in all these is their large size.

Aloha,

Leland