From: aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com]
On Behalf Of brian lee
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 12:36 PM
To: Discussion of aroids
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Anthurium ID

Dear Harry,

Surf on to the classic Tropicos3 and search Anthurium giganteum, images.
There are several variations on this theme.  I have a form that looks
similar,but has narrower sinuses...I have been looking at photos of plants
in habitat and there seems to be a species complex associated with
populations of closely related taxa.

Does your plant set seed?  I have not been able to set seeds on this and
some other large growing species...but, I have only recently been interested
in pollination of my Anthurium.  I need to learn techniques and timing...I
am trying only to self...not hybridize, at this point.

I'd be interested in your opinion after you check out the Tropicos images
and the comparison to your plant.

Aloha,

Leland