Re: Anthurium ID

  • Subject: Re: Anthurium ID
  • From: brian lee <lbmkjm@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:36:21 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Harry,

Surf on to the classic Tropicos3 and search Anthurium giganteum, images. There are several variations on this theme.  I have a form that looks similar,but has narrower sinuses...I have been looking at photos of plants in habitat and there seems to be a species complex associated with populations of closely related taxa.

Does your plant set seed?  I have not been able to set seeds on this and some other large growing species...but, I have only recently been interested in pollination of my Anthurium.  I need to learn techniques and timing...I am trying only to self...not hybridize, at this point.

I'd be interested in your opinion after you check out the Tropicos images and the comparison to your plant.