Re: Amorphophallus leaf cuttings

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus leaf cuttings
  • From: John Ludwig <aroidgrower@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 04:35:56 -0400

I have found with Zamioculcas that they do in fact sit dormant for a long time, as long as a year before new growth appears. I believe that members of the same Genera also do the same. I have propagated Gonotopus Boivinii this way as well and plan to try it with Gonotopus Angustus soon. A friend from Australia considers them to be weeds because they grow so easily this way for him.

There are experts here that have successfully propagated Amorphophallus in this way.

John Ludwig