MidAmerica Chapter announcement

  • Subject: MidAmerica Chapter announcement
  • From: ExoticRainforest <Steve@exoticrainforest.com>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 14:50:36 -0500

Gladly Zach!

I'll also be bringing some cuttings and a few small plants to share with the group and encourage anyone that attends to bring what you might have available to make the first meeting more pleasurable.  We have a few IAS members in Missouri and other neighboring states that are most welcome to come as well.

I know there are concentrations of members in South Texas, especially Houston, some in north Texas that we hope will join us in OKC, in Florida, some in the upper east coast states, southern California and other areas that can quickly join together to form a new chapter.......all you need is someone like Zach to take the lead.  Please consider it!

Many of us would love to see more chapters form in Europe, Asia and South America as well.  Some in England have already expressed an interest so just make yourself known and hopefully we can put you together with others that want to do the same.  I know for certain there is some interest in Australia as well.  All your "down under" guys and gals raise your hands and someone take the lead.  I think I know who that will be already but that individual can take the lead right here!

The only way we are going to make aroids even more popular is to join together and the IAS is one major way to get it done.  Things only happen when people make it happen!

However, this meeting is open to ANYONE interested in aroids.  Just because you haven't joined IAS doesn't mean we don't want to meet you and know about what you grow and love.  Sure, I'm going to encourage you to join but we still want you to join us!

Albert is adding new information to the IAS site all the time to help in the formation of new chapters.  If you are the person that is willing to spearhead a chapter in your area please make yourself known!  Growing aroids is more fun if you have someone to share them with!

Please join us in Oklahoma City!  And thanks Zach, this is going to be fun!  But even if you have no plans to join the IAS right now please come and spend some time with us at the Myriad Botanical Gardens and Crystal Bridge Conservatory on November 21st!

I hope you all will be in Miami in two weeks!

Zach DuFran wrote:

Fellow Aroiders-

A new chapter of the IAS is beginning in the south central US.  The “MidAmerica Chapter” hopes to attract IAS members from Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana and anyone else close enough to drive to our 3-4 meetings each year.

The inaugural meeting will be November 21 in Oklahoma City, OK at the Myriad Botanical Gardens.  This tropical conservatory contains an impressive collection of Palms, Cycads, Bromeliads, Gingers, Orchids, Euphorbias, Begonias, and – you guessed it – Aroids!

There is a new page on the IAS website for this chapter, which will be updated as more information becomes available.  http://www.aroid.org/midamerica/

If you are in the area, please plan to attend this important event.  It will be lots of fun and a great opportunity to meet others who are interested in Aroids.  We will take a tour, trade some plants among ourselves, and Steve Lucas might even share a report on the Aroid Show in Miami.

Please contact me if you plant to attend or with any questions you may have.

Zach DuFran

fn:Steve  Lucas

Aroid-L mailing list