Re: MidAmerica Chapter announcement

  • Subject: Re: MidAmerica Chapter announcement
  • From: Albert M Huntington <amh@ieee.org>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 13:20:32 -0700 (PDT)

  I just wanted to take this opportunity to mention that Steve Lucas and I have been working on some tools to help anyone who is interested in forming local chapters of the IAS.

  Please visit the new chapters page at http://www.aroid.org/society/chapters.php for more information on how the society can help out local groups with publicity materials, web space and advice.

  I'd also like to mention that the West Coast chapter will be meeting on Sunday, October 18th at the UC Davis Botanical Conservatory.  We'll have talks, lots of plants for sale with the money going to support the hosting institution, and a tour of the aroid collection there.  For more information, see our webpage at http://www.aroid.org/westcoast/