From: aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com]
On Behalf Of Tony Avent
Sent: 05 September 2009 00:45
To: Discussion of aroids
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Alocasia of Thailand

I was just reading over your fascinating paper on Alocasia in Thailand
about both Alocasia cucullata and A. macrorrhizos not being valid
species.   If this is the case and they are old cultigens, why would
they not be properly written a Alocasia x macrorrhizos and Alocasia x
cucullata with an appropriate cultivar name for the clone in commerce?

Peter Boyce wrote:
> Dear All,
> For anyone interested there is attached to this a recent paper on the
> /Alocasia/ in Thailand, including the description of a large-growing
> species from the Thai/Cambodian border.
> Peter

Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery @
Juniper Level Botanic Garden
9241 Sauls Road
Raleigh, North Carolina  27603  USA
Minimum Winter Temps 0-5 F
Maximum Summer Temps 95-105F
USDA Hardiness Zone 7b
email tony@plantdelights.com
website  http://www.plantdelights.com
phone 919 772-4794
fax  919 772-4752
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself...at least three
times" - Avent

Aroid-L mailing list

Aroid-L mailing list