Re: Expert help needed on a soil fungus attacking amorphs

  • Subject: Re: Expert help needed on a soil fungus attacking amorphs
  • From: ExoticRainforest <Steve@ExoticRainforest.com>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 12:12:00 -0500

Ty, try getting some cinnamon from the kitchen and sprinkling it over the entire area.  Cinnamon is a very good fungicide and does not damage to the plant.  Christopher Rogers knows a great deal about this so he can be more specific.

Ty York wrote:
I have some sort of white looking fungus ? in my soil attacking one of my konjacs. The leaf drooped over and I inspected and it was rotting off at the soil level. I dug up the bulb and it was fine, but the white looking fungus was on the babies and they were rotting off. I also has this attack a toad lily plant in another location and the plant died right away. Does anyone know how to stop this and what to use. I attached some pics of the konjac baby that was infected with the white stuff. I  have never seen this before, but I don't want it to spread. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ty