Re: Expert help needed on a soil fungus attacking amorphs

  • Subject: Re: Expert help needed on a soil fungus attacking amorphs
  • From: "Christopher Rogers" <crogers@ecoanalysts.com>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 07:42:42 -0700

Hiyer, Ty!

I would douse the soil and tubers (not the leaves) with hydrogen peroxide. Let the tubers dry, exposed to the air for a day or so, preferably where they are getting some radiant heat, like from a bright light or the sun, and then dust well with cinnamon.

The hydrogen peroxide will begin breaking down (when in contact with the fungus and soil) into water and oxygen, but should hammer the fungus at the same time. I would also let the soil dry out completely afterwards.

I am sure others will have some good tricks for you as well.

Good luck,

D. Christopher Rogers

EcoAnalysts, Inc.

P.O. Box 4098