Re: 'miniature selloum' and Strange plant?

  • Subject: Re: 'miniature selloum' and Strange plant?
  • From: Brian Williams <pugturd@windstream.net>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 10:52:47 -0400

robert chumley

I am not the expert on this plant but I believe it is a weeping form
that was collected and I have seen it in just a hand full of
collections. Possibly a different clone.

I am sure you remember me I visited years Brian Williams.
 I have told people of the strange plant that you had growing on the
tree at your place. If by chance you have a photo of can describe it to
people it would be most interesting. As I remember it was a climbing
aroid with very thin cut leaves it reminded me of an Amydrium or
something in the mosteraroid group. The stems were extremely skinny and
it had small thorns on it. I had never seen anything like it and it
still haunts me to this day what in the world was that plant. A climbing
lasiaoid? If you have any info on this I would love to hear more. I wish
I would have got a photo or a piece when I visited.
Aroid-L mailing list