Re: Dracontium amazonense variagated

  • Subject: Re: Dracontium amazonense variagated
  • From: "E.Vincent Morano" <ironious2@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 23:52:13 -0700 (PDT)

I have a small Dracontium amazonense that has a variegated leaf At first I thought it was white spots that were either damage or disease. But now that the leaf is bigger, it looks to be variegated for sure. I still could be wrong but I think not. It could be the result of mu hormone experiments but I was not trying to induce variegation as I do not know how. Inducing variegation seems to be a closely guarded secret. At any rate, I do not think I could duplicate it. I was trying to increase tuber growth actually.

But then again, maybe I did not induce this. So my question to the experts is: Is this common for this spp to be variegated?

Aroid-L mailing list