Off-TOPIC--Heliconia lourteigiae

  • Subject: Off-TOPIC--Heliconia lourteigiae
  • From: <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 12:49:16 +0000

Dear Friends,

A while ago I was corresponding w/ a young gentleman with whom I first made contact on this forum.   We used to discuss aroids AND other plants (Gingers, Heliconias, Costus, etc.) as he had a wide interest in many plant families.
He travelled down to Fr. Guyane to collect, one of the plants he really wanted to obtain while there was this very rare, minature species of Heliconia.  I do believe he was sucessful.
If at all possible, could he please contact me off-l, I have received a wonderful hard-cover booklet from my friend Joep Moonen (in Fr. Guyane) on some flowering plants from that region, and amongst them are a photo and illus. of this unique, beautiful and minature Heliconia sp.
Any other Heliconia collectors or ''freaks'', please feel free to contact me off-l!

Good Growing,

Julius