From: Steve Marak <samarak@gizmoworks.com>
To: Aroid list <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Sent: Sat, Sep 4, 2010 4:16 pm
Subject: [Aroid-l] More IAS show (Sept. 18-19, 2010) info ...

Aroiders, more info on the IAS show which is in 2 weeks. As usual, see
http://aroid.org/show/ for more information:

One reason people come to the annual IAS show is that it is a place to
acquire rare plants at very attractive prices. Every year the array of
commercial aroid offerings on the show floor is unsurpassed by any other
venue. And the best thing is that you can speak directly with the vendors,
availing yourself of their expert opinions, and pick out the specimens you
like best. What's more, when you buy them, you have them right there in
your hand. No need to wait and worry about when they might arrive at your
house and what shipping travails they may have experienced in transit. A
bird in the hand, as they say.
Then, there's the auction. The auction is the place to find really
one-of-a-kind plants, and sometimes two-of-a-kind plants. Prices have been
historically what one might call a "steal", although some of us are
working hard so that prices in the future will be boosted by attracting
more bidders. So this year might be your chance to secure astonishingly
rare plants at very modest prices. Auction details will be available, as
they become known to us, on the IAS website.
Rare plants. Isn't that the reason you're a member? Get them at the show.

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@gizmoworks.com
Aroid-L mailing list
Aroid-L mailing list