Re: Tissue Culture ? Can common folk do it?

Hi Jude,

I must admit, I have often thought of trying it in my lab which is complete
with anything that would be necessary, but have never found the time or
actual inclination to have a stab at it.

There are a lot of sites on the internet that show you how to do this as a
home-TC person however.  Sterility will be the biggest problem, but can be
solved with 70% EtOH and a home-made hood.....also a alcohol burner.  I've
always thought the biggest issue would be which formulation to make for the
agar you are doing the TC on as there are a million possible supplements
that can be added (the agar also needs to be sterilized which is typically
done in an autoclave).

Best of luck if you give it a try and I would be interested in hearing your
results.

Dan
Gibsonia, PA