Re: Colocasia flowers

  • Subject: Re: Colocasia flowers
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 01:48:06 +0200

Hello,

There are some cultivars among aroids that the spathes don't open,
for example Aglaonema 'Silver Queen' - the inflorescence usually rots inside the spathe.
and there are also much more cultivars being sterile or semi-sterile,
the female flowers may be pollinated, but the male ones don't produce pollen.

Best,
Marek
www.araceum.prv.pl