Re: Wintering Alocasia

  • Subject: Re: Wintering Alocasia
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 05:58:34 +0200

Hello,

You should find a cool place, 5-15*C (40-55*F). If the leaves resist, water the plants rarely, once a month to avoid the rhizome rotting, If they lose leaves, don't water them, they may fall into dormancy.
I don't know how to store Alocasia boa, but A. macrorrhizos 'Stingray' and Colocasia esculenta 'Ele Paio' (not Alocasia) rhizomes should survive. Of course if you find room for them  all of them you can winter at home cultivating as normal pot plants (beware of spider mites).

Best,
Marek