Re: A question primarily for our esteemed experts and botanists

  • Subject: Re: A question primarily for our esteemed experts and botanists
  • From: mossytrail@hcc.net
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 22:10:28 -0700 (PDT)

Nalini is also a wonderful human being.  I have stayed in touch with her
family ever since 1996.  If I had not already done my undergrad at
Evergreen State, I would probably have applied to do my postgraduate with
her; but I felt it was better to change instsitutions for each degree.

If you are interested in canopy biology (because you fancy epiphytic
aroids, perhaps), she is also on Facebook.

> ------------------------------
> Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 15:16:31 -0500
> From: ExoticRainforest <Steve@ExoticRainforest.com>
> Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] A question primarily for our esteemed experts
> 	and	botanists!
> To: Discussion of aroids <aroid-l@www.gizmoworks.com>
> Thanks for the excellent info Ted!  Leland Miyano recommended I read
> some of the works of Dr. Nalini M. Nadkarni who is known as the "Queen
> of the Canopy" and have been learning quite a bit of the same from her
> papers.  It does appear epiphytic plants find a way to absorb nutrients
> in the canopy without necessarily drawing them directly from the host
> tree which explains some of my original queries.  She also has some
> excellent complete lectures that can be seen on the net.
> Thanks again, and I do hope these types of discussions will continue on
> this forum.  If anyone is interested you can find several of Dr.
> Nadkarni's papers by typing her full name into Google and following it
> with "PDF".  I am learning a great deal more than I expected!  The rain
> forest is a very complex place and the more we understand how Mother
> Nature makes it operate the more we learn about how to care for our
> plants!
> All of what you have just posted is now a part of my files!
> Steve
> www.ExoticRainforest.com

Aroid-L mailing list