Re: A question primarily for our esteemed experts and botanists

  • Subject: Re: A question primarily for our esteemed experts and botanists
  • From: ExoticRainforest <Steve@ExoticRainforest.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:03:41 -0500

Her writings and the one video of her I have seen are incredible.  There is so much to learn about aroids as well as other rain forest species and the more good folks we know of the more we learn how to keep the rain forest  habitat alive and protected!

I wish more of you could have heard Dr. Scott Mori's talk a the IAS show on Saturday night.  Scott is a very down to earth man and I was privileged to spend a fair amount of time talking with him alone.  Everyone who heard his talk came home wiser!

And here is a "great" piece advice Scott gave to all of us at the show:  If you are ever faced with a jaguar in the forest and it attacks hit it on the nose for all you are worth!  If that won't work climb the nearest spiny palm!  Now I know that will hurt too but the jaguar won't follow!  Would you rather have to pull out some spines or have your legs eaten?

OK, I know few of us will ever be in that position but his entire talk was just that down to earth.  I am thankful we had him attend as our guest and all of us that were privileged to hang around with him have another great friend and source of information!

Thanks Scott!  It was great having a chance to meet and talk with you!