Re: Re : Aroid-l] Wintering Alocasia

  • Subject: Re: Re : Aroid-l] Wintering Alocasia
  • From: ExoticRainforest <Steve@ExoticRainforest.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 14:47:27 -0500

Michael, your note here just brought a new subject to mind.

We want very much to include more articles in the IAS publications about growing plants.  Basically, we need articles about how to grow any form of aroid.  I'd like to ask you to consider writing an article for us and the same invitation goes out to everyone on this forum.  If you have anything to share with other growers write it up.  We have a great editor for the newsletter (Carla) and  Tom Croat has also said he would be glad to help any of us to do short articles about growing aroids.  The board talked about this very subject on Sunday and I know for certain we have members that are very talented growers.  If you don't feel you are a writer, there are folks to help you become one!

So here's the request, if any of you have an idea, post it!  If you don't feel comfortable doing that, send me a private note Steve@ExoticRainforest.com   and I'll see it gets to the right people.  The IAS wants to help all of our members and the only way we can do that is for our members to help us get it done!

We are a volunteer organization so if you have an idea...........VOLUNTEER!  This is your IAS so help us make it what you as individuals would like to see it become!  And if you aren't yet a member, you are needed!  You can sign up today at www.Aroid.org    Be sure and specify you want your membership to be for the year 2011 but you will still have access to everything that can only be read by IAS members on our website!