Re: Aroideana 33

Dear Derek:

            Yes, I knew that you did not really want articles sent in on the deadline. I hope that I did not mislead people into believing that this was when you wanted the articles.  Clearly it is the time to start getting articles sent in for the next issue.

Tom

From: aroid-l-bounces@www.gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces@www.gizmoworks.com] On Behalf Of Derek Burch
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2010 9:03 AM
To: 'Discussion of aroids'
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Aroideana 33

Thank you to everyone for being pleased with Aroideana this time. I can’t let the occasion pass without beginning my usual cry for help with articles for the next issue. Tom is wrong in giving a deadline of January 15 for it – that has to be my “absolute”, and before the New Year is much better since no one wants to write last minute things over the holidays.

I will certainly help with writing, and would much prefer it if articles “in the rough” came directly to me, rather than through either Steve or Tom, much as I value their support. I will have to work on them eventually, so see no point in taking up their time with this. They could be writing their own articles instead !

If we are to have a strong “gardening” section, I would be happiest if it were several people’s experience on a single topic, or a coordinated ‘where to go and what to see’ for a particular region. Any interest there?  Room for volunteers to organise that if anyone is interested.

Again thank you for all the compliments on the issue – you are all certainly welcome to whatever I can put into it while I am still ambulatory (that is a minimum of walking from my keyboard to the bathroom and back at need).

Regards, Derek