Re: Colocasia antiquorum

  • Subject: Re: Colocasia antiquorum
  • From: Sherry Gates <thetropix@msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 12:11:17 -0500

Hi everyone!  Hope you're all doing very well.  I just want to make sure I have this right regarding the name of this Colocasia.    Does that mean that Colocasia Illustris & Black Beauty should be labeled Colocasia fontanesii var. Illustris   &   C. fontanesii var. Black Beauty?   I know it's a goofy question, I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. : )
   Are there any of the Colocasias that are antiquorum, or is antiquorum an obsolete/invalid name?
  Is C. Black Beauty is a sport or a hybrid of C. Illustris?
                     Thanks and I hope y'all have a wonderful week!
                                                         Sherry

Sherry Gates TheTropix@msn.com