IAS Show 2014

Greetings to all,
   I just wanted to post a few comments about the IAS Show 2104, which was just last week
in Miami. While many attendees were “local”, I was one of the out of towers, who made the trip.
As with past shows, I had  an enjoyable time, getting  reacquainted with  old friends and making
many new ones, as well. The exchange of ideas and information among Aroid enthusiasts is a highlight for me.
    Many thanks to those who organized and set up the show.The lectures were excellent, the Banquet and lecture on Aroids of Columbia was incredible.The show and sale were fantastic. As usual,on my return to Illinois, my suitcase was filled with more plants than clothes. I wanted to thank all those who grew and then transported their plants To the Fairchild Botanic Gardens  for the judging, as well as those members and commercial growers who brought plants and crafted items to the sale.
   As an Aroider from the North, My pants reside outdoors for only part of the year, it is always a great joy for
me to visit the Miami area, and too see all the various tropical plants, in addition to Aroids, that are growing
outdoors all year in the Miami area.
For those who may not have yet attended the IAS show,or visited the Fairchild Botanic Garden, it is definitely something to add to your to do list for next year.
Cheers, Michael Kolaczewski

Aroid-L mailing list