Re: Contractile roots

Yes, I now understand contractile roots. Yesterday I dug up both an
Amorphophallus and an Arisaema to look at the roots (they were ready to
be dug anyway, I think). Do Arisaema have contractile roots too? Both
species seemed to have them.
Another surprise. I was crawling around looking at the plants in my
aroid bed and there, next to the ground, was a Sauromatum seed head with
what look like immature but fertile seeds. I know they bloomed after
being planted outside but I didn't know I had the proper pollinators. I
guess so. (Not quite as striking as the seed head of my A.konjac last
MJ hatfield