Re: Monstera warmingii

Nick:  The only thing that I can think of is that they confused it with
Philodendron warmingii, a species from Brazil that looks like P.
martianum.  Even Exotica, a source of many wrong names does not list a
Monstera warmingii!
> >I recently bought a plant labelled as Monstera warmingii.  All information
> >gratefully received.
> Nick,
> I checked A Revision of Monstera by Madion (1977) which is the lates that I
> have...  No mention of subject plant.  Possibly Dr. Croat can come up with
> something else.
> Dewey
> Dewey E. Fisk, Plant Nut

Thomas B. Croat, Ph.D.
P.A. Schulz Curator of Botany
Missouri Botanical Garden
P.O. Box 299
St. Louis, MO 63166-0299
phone: 314-577-5163; fax 314-577-9596; email