Grocery store aroids

Julius,

I found some bulbs bigger than a softball in a bin with some Taro roots
at the local grocery. I
peeled off a sticker that had the food name on it and promptly lost it on
the way home.

The bulb/corm/tuber? was very symetrical, smooth, tan in color, sort of
more pointed on top and more flattened on the bottom. There appeared to
be circular marks like meridians around it but not really very distinct.

I got the impression that it is a West Indian food.

My curiosity is killing me. I think I'd recognize the name. Do you have
any suggestions?

Ray
<GRSJr@Juno.com>