Re: Caladium rubracundrum

Dear Paul,

    I think this name is a mispelling of Caladium bicolor var.
rubicundum Engler. I was originally published in Flora Brasiliensis,
3(2):181 and there is also a good plate of it in the same work (plate
41). The type was collected in Northern South America (somewhere between
Northern Brazil (state of Para) and Suriname).

I hope it helps,