Newbie questions/germinating dracunculus seeds

Hi everyone,

I just received seeds for Dracunculus canariensis from Fausto,  and would
like some information on culture.  None of my reference books list d.
canariensis.  How hardy/tender is it?  What kind of soil do they prefer?
How long will it take for them to germinate?  Should I sow them now?  Do
they need a cold stratification?  My only experience with dracunculus is
looking at photos of d. vulgare in catalogs.  Thanks.

Jaime Rodriguez
P.O. Box 871394
Wasilla, Alaska, 99687
USDA Zone 3 & 4