Re: Seed of Peltandra virginica

Thank you Vic,
What a surprise. I am pleased. The package arrived today.
However, what do you mean by "the seeds germinate easily in water"? Do I
take the sedout of the fruit and put them in water, a moist paper towel?

Have you grown them before? After they germinate, put them in what sort
of soil? I know that when I tried skunk cabbages from seed, they didn't
do well at all in boggy wet soil but sure did well in a soiless mix.
Strange.
I assume, without looking it up, that it is a sunny bog plant rather
than a shady bog plant.
On checking further I see that it is rare in Iowa.
Mary Jane Hatfield